How to adjust the vertical height of the playing techniques pane and note editor pane

So, I don’t know if I’m calling the two sections at the bottom of the Dorico screen on the play tab the correct terms, but here’s what I’m referring to (see pic below). It would be nice to independently adjust the height of each section. How can this be done?

I know I can click on the piano roll on the left and the top section expands and likewise, I can click on the gray area on the left for playing techniques and the bottom section will expand, but I don’t see a way to adjust the bottom area independently of the top area. I also see the control on the right side of the screen on the bar where the edit controls are (pencil etc) but it simply drags the whole bottom pane up and down and there doesn’t appear to be a way to control the height of the top/bottoms sections.

I’m asking because, to my knowledge, the play section of the manual has not been published yet.

1 Like

You can’t at present independently adjust the height of each section: only one section is active at once, and that one takes up the majority of the height of the lower zone. As you have found, clicking in either section makes it active.

We do intend to make it possible to adjust the height of each section independently, and indeed to show multiple editors, in due course.

3 Likes

That’s good to hear. Thanks for the info Daniel!