How to apply my eq settings on other channels?

Sometimes i find i get better eq settings on some vst channels than others. What would be the best way if i would like to blend my other channels to these eq settings. I haven’t really figured out a good solution for this. Thankful for any suggestions.
Kind regards Conny

If it’s setting you’ll use a lot you could make a preset , then you can open the settings as much as you like in different projects

Yes you are right, but what i really would like to do is to blend my channel with a a certain amount of this eq. I will try and see if it’s possible to do with an fx group.

Hi,

In the MixConsole drag and drop the EQ tab from the source channel to the target one.

2 Likes

Didn’t know you could do that. You can actually do that with all the racks! Nice!

Using an EQ on an FX channel in parallel is usually not the best idea, because of the inherent phase cancellations. Depending on the setup, you might or might nor hear it or you might even like it, but it will at least make the result more unpredictable and harder to manage.
Copying the EQ settings to the other channels with the method Martin suggested, and adapting them to the needs of the track would imho be preferable.

Other than drag and drop you could redo the EQ values in one of Cubases other Eq’s and use it as an insert , there’s a few to choose from , that way as i mention you can use it where ever you like and it’s saved from project to project .

Hi,

You can do the same with Inserts and Sends too. Or if you drag and drop the name of the Channel, you transfer or copy (with modifier) the whole channel settings.

1 Like

Damn, I had no idea.
I will name my next daughter after you.

2 Likes

Wow some really amazing tips in this thread which will help me :heart_eyes:
What im trying to do is to get a more coherent sound, i believe the instruments in my mix will get a more coherent sound if i apply similar eq to the leads. Thank you all so much :pray:

Slightly more preferable to “Copy&Paste” or “Drag&Drop”…

1 Like