How to assign Midi CC# for a new Cubase 12 feature - MIDI Remote?

I get your problem, initially, I had the same. My setup consists of a Nanokontrol 2 an a DIY fader-controller for expression, dynamics, etc. (i.e. “normal CCs”). The trick with this new MidiRemote system is to leave out the controls, that should still send normal CC, when configuring the new surface (either via the graphical editor in CB12 or directly via Javascript. There are a few more possibilities using the API directly, that cannot be accessed from within CB yet).

So if you want to use the transport buttons on the NanoKontrol, but need some of the faders to send CC, you make a new surface (like shown in Steinberg’s tutorial) leave out the faders for CC, and then map all the other Buttons and Knobs using the Mapping Editor. I have put together a quick script, to show what I mean and to give you a point of reference (of course my Nanocontrol’s CCs will be different from yours, so You might have to change it a little).
Unfortunately the premade NanoKontrol script from Korg (with all the beautiful layout and labeling via the API) can not be changed so you have to make one yourself.

Korg_NanoKontrol2EXAMPLE.zip (5.4 KB)

2 Likes