how to automate the transpose parameter with a knob.

Does anyone know if it is possible to MIDI control the transpose parameter in the key editor inside the info line or the transpose parameter in the midi modifiers tabs inside the track inspector.

I’m trying to change the pitch of a midi note with a controller before it gets to the drum sampler. I want to accomplish this so I can cycle through drum samples quicker then using the browser.

When I use the remote control editor midi control map… I can not find the parameter to select for the function.

Thanks.

It is possible to control the Transpose parameter on the MIDI track’s Inspector (but the result isn’t very useful in practice, I’m afraid)… using Track Quick Controls…
Select the MIDI/Instrument track, click on a QC slot and scroll to “MIDI Modifiers>Transpose” and select it. Whichever controller you have set up for that slot (in the Devices menu) will now control the transpose parameter… but the translation is absolute (i.e. values 0 thru 127) so, good luck trying to adjust the transpose by, say, one semitone! :wink:.

:cry:

I know… I tried…
The midi controller increments by 2 semitones, cause the midi modifiers transpose fader goes from (-127 to +127)
Its horrible…

Apparently there is another method… in the drum map there is ( midi Key Output)… I’m going to tried to automate that… and see what happens…

Cheers.