How to boost input level when recording?

Hi, I’m using Cubase 7.5. I have a vocal coming out of the Direct Output of a channel in Behringer Xenyx 2442 mixer.
Even when I turn the input level on the mixer to max, and fader up to max, and the input level of my audio interface (Edirol UA-101) to max, the recorded track volume is too low. I can tell immediately from the waveform. I would like it to be about 3 times higher.

One solution I can think of is to have an amp between the Direct Out and the Input of the audio interface. I will need 4 of these as there are 4 simultaneous vocals. Are there multi-channel amps? I only need it for line, and only need (I think) a small level boost for my purposes.

But, is there a better way?
Is there anything I can adjust in Cubase to boost the level? (I can do Audio processing > Gain but that means having to stop and do this after each recorded phrase. Messy)

Thanks for any ideas.

Hiran

I record things that you can’t even see on the wave image sometimes.

Digital can be brought up, you don’t have to record hot like tape.

Gain staging, make a template with the tracks you need setup.

Crank up the gain (shift) also I like to add a compressor.

After you record it you can normalize it and use compressor.

Thanks Tacman7. I should have said, for this purpose I need to replay the recording (may be just a short phrase at a time) instantly so that the 4 singers can hear the result of their effort immediately. This is for training/rehearsal. So, I don’t have the luxury of ‘post production’ in this case.

Then - if everything is wired correctly, the Level is too low on your Xenyx - where are the direct Outs Signal flow wise on that mixer?

“About 3 times higher” is not really a small Level boost

Get your Levels right from the start, check sensitivity Settings of Xenyx (Which probably has None) and Interface

Is this a dynamic or condensor mic?
Are you going into the mic pre of the xenyx (with an XLR cable)?
Are you going from the Xenyx direct out into a line input of the interface
Have you tried going direct into the interface and how is the level then?