How to bypass the channel strip via Track controls?

Hi, is there a way to bybass the channel strip via track controls the same way it’s possible with inserts/eq/send? It makes sense that it should have a dedicated button but I can’t find it…

Thanks.

Where did you look?

I’ve looked In track control settings…

Well, if it is not there, then it is not there, and unles you have a custom cubase version, you answered your own question - no, you can not bypass it via track controls - it´s that easy sometimes.

I love that, so easy! :smiley:

I know is not what you’re looking for but you can assign a key command to do exactly that (bypass the channel strip) its even faster and easier.
Hope it helps!!

Thanks for taking the time to answer my question there’s no key command to bybass a single channel strip or selected channel… You can either bypass all channel strips on all tracks or main mix…

You’re Right, an alternative for what you are looking for would be the track inspector at the project window left zone, there you can bypass a single track channel strip.

Yes thank you, and that’s what I’m currently using…

Hi thebabegrand,

If you are still looking for a solution, I had a similar issue with bypassing inserts and sends.
To cut a long story short I was able to build a Cubase macro as a workaround until Steinberg hopefully add the feature/short keys. The macro example I show is set to bypass Inserts but you should be able to modify it by changing the Insert command to a bypass Chanel strip command which is also available in the Key editor. Try it out and let me know if it worked for you.

1 Like