how to change automation values

how to change automation values to exact amount, instead of using mouse movement? It is difficult to hit the exact same value like this.

Hi,

Select the value, double-click the Value field in the Info View and type the new value.

it does not work. If i select the value track select the marked point and the change the value in the value field, it does not save the changes. Only way I can do it, Is by dragging the marked point up and down which is not as precise as writing the value.

So you changed the value, hit Enter, and the Value stays as it was?

Do you have the latest update 8.5.15? Isn’t the track locked?

Works fine here with volume, even on a locked track.
But what automation are you trying to change ?

yes after hitting enter the values stay as before. the track is not locked. running 8.5.10

I have in my mind, there was this kind of bug in one Cubase version. But I don’t know, which version was it (maybe even 8.0.x). But I wouldn’t say, it was 8.5.10.

In any case, I would recommend you to update to 8.5.15.

8.5.10 has the mouse wheel issue, that is probably the same issue, but fixed in 8.5.15.
Oh sorry Martin was faster :slight_smile:

I don’t think it’s the same issue. The mouse scroll wheel was dedicated for this operation only. And the Info line value was another, separated one. I would say, it was really in C8.0, and fixed there.

Yes it was the fader volume that was erratic, not the automation being frozen.
I still would recommend updating to 8.5.15 if that does not help, then wipe the preferences or try starting Cubase in safe mode.

Totally agree.

I am working on an important project, so I will wait updating Cubase, until I am done. How do I wipe the preferences, and how does wiping the preferences affect my projects?

Entering the new value as described Still doesn’t work in Cubase Pro 12

I beg to differ. And I can prove it:

EnterAutom

Aloha, my friend. Thanks for pointing me in the correct direction.

The trick is to realize that one can use that method to change one POINT on the automation line. I was thinking that one could change a the line/curve between points by placing the cursor between to points and typing in the new value in the Track window (that in your example is showing 0.5).

Your tip has already saved me some time. Mahalo.

The 0.5 in his example is what the value of the parameter is where the playhead currently is.

How do you get the information above the track (Type, Start, Value, Terminator) to display? I’m still trying to figure out where/how to edit automation points for the volume on an audio track. Drawing it with a mouse is not very precise for me.

One of the many cog wheels:
grafik

OMG, thank you so much! I got so tired of zooming in to a micro level to accurately change a value. :+1:

1 Like