How to change Ruler Subdivisions in Editor Window?

Project is in 12/8. Need to move around some piano stuff. Duple subdivisions are useless. I need triplets.

Please tell me you can do this, right? There’s no excuse for this not to be possible…

I assume you are referring to selecting different quantize presets, especially triplets. Check out this thread thoroughly and see if it solves your problems.

How is “Use Metronome Click Pattern for Grid Line Emphasis” set in the corresponding rulers context menu? Try to activate it, and then set Snap Type to Grid. Then, use the new Click Pattern Editor (see the manual, from p. 224 onward, and specifically the Note at the bottom of page 224) to adjust the grid as you like. That should solve the issue.

Forgot to mention: that was not possible until the just released Cubase 9.5. What’s your Cubase version?

So, to get a different subdivision in the editor window for a single event, I need to change the click pattern for the entire project?

It’s not that involved for the project window, which is not specifically made for the purpose of making edits. Why would it be so involved in the editor window, which, as its name implies, has the sole purpose of making fine-grained edits to a detail not possible in the project window?

The logic of that makes absolutely no sense.

Wait, I think maybe it’s just that my quantize panel is not showing up in my editor window by default for some reason…
I think maybe that solves my issue… will confirm.

Thanks!

Wait, I think maybe it’s just that my quantize panel is not showing up in my editor window by default for some reason…
I think maybe that solves my issue… will confirm.

Thanks!

No, you need to show the signature track, then apply a new signature at the single event position, and then apply the click pattern/grid pattern to the signature. You can have as many click patterns as you have different signature. You can even add a new identical signature (i.e. another 4/4 after a previous 4/4) and then apply to it a different click pattern/grid pattern.

Isn’t this you’re trying to achieve?