How to collapse clips?

Hi there,
I don’t know if the tittle makes sense due to my poor english. Sorry about that.
After I’ve got rid of many parts of a speech recording, I’m left with many clips that I’d like to have joined side by side.
How would you guys have this done in one simple command.
Thx.

Select files - Audio Menu/Bounce Selection

Thank you Grim but that’s not what I meant.

I’ve got rid of unwanted parts of a speech recording using the split tool.
Now I have something like a hundred of events on my track that I need to be joined side by side cause I don’t want those blank parts.

I haven’t find no other way but doing this by hand… very tedious.

Maybe look for something in the manual/help called ‘Close Gaps’…? I remember something like that… Or maybe I’m dreaming, or its in another DAW completely… or it just applies to note selections and not events…

Sorry, that wasn’t much help at all; I’ll get my coat…

Now I have something like a hundred of events on my track that I need to be joined side by side cause I don’t want those blank parts.

Aha…so you have gaps between events but you want the events to be placed end to end?

Not a one click solution but this macro would help speed things up.

Nice one @Grim:wink:

ah ah :wink:)
Ok thank you so much everybody. This works wonders. What a relief!!!
I knew there was some way around and I knew there was some clever people overhere!

I don’t know if I’m missing something here but Bounce Selection and choosing replace events would leave you with one contiguous event with a single command.

edit Oh I think I get it you want to move the audio events together and not just fill the gaps in.

1. Export audio – select clips, export. Create New File and track in project.

2. Comp Tool – select parts and use “comp tool” to create New Track with parts.

And the other suggestions above.

Post a screen shot.

Don’t know if I get it right. If removing gaps between multiple audio events is what you want to achieve, choose ‘shuffle’ (from the grid mode menu), select all events but the very first and drag them to the left - voila! - the events are placed one after the other without any gaps.

You definitely got it right!

I had no idea this was possible. Hope the OP is still reading the thread!

Found by accident - it’s not the most obvious function :laughing: