How to configure Native Maschine with Cubase 6

Are new to the forum post and I would not go wrong in my argument.
I have a problem and want to configure my Maschine Native use it as an external VSTi in Cubase 6.
Some of you may Help Report and write as the power to set things up?

I asked the same question a while back here is the very helpful response I got - thanks meta-redundant you’re a star! :slight_smile:

by meta-redundant » 12 Oct 2011 21:29

This throws a lot of people.

First of all, in order to get MIDI in/out of Maschine onto a Cubase track, you have to run Maschine as a VST from the instrument rack (Devices → VST Instruments), and NOT by adding an Instrument Track. Instrument Tracks don’t send MIDI in/out.

When you add Maschine to the VST Instrument rack, it will offer to create a MIDI track for you – say yes.

Then on that MIDI track:

–MIDI Input set to “Machine - MIDI Out”
–MIDI Output set to “Machine - MIDI In”

In Maschine:

–In the lower pane of the software, go to the drop-down arrow next to the blue Group name
–Choose “Sound MIDI Batch Setup”
–Enable “Sounds to MIDI Notes”

Now your pad playing on the Maschine controller should be captured on the MIDI track, and be routed back to Maschine on playback. I would suggest saving the Project as a template so you don’t have to set it up again.

Good luck!

Ok
but I wanted to know if this procedure before doing it all, I must:
Open - Devices / VST Connections / External Tools:
and Add External Tool?
Then assign the outputs.
I state that I have an external sound card and I’m working with my HP Notebooh.
So the audio is taken from usicta headphones with a cable connected to my mixer.

Ok
but I wanted to know if this procedure before doing it all, I must:
Open - Devices / VST Connections / External Tools:
and Add External Tool?
Then assign the outputs.
I state that I have an external sound card and I’m working with my HP notebook.
So the audio output is taken from the headphones with a cable connected to my mixer.

Vantage I would buy you a [insert appropriate beverage here] if I could. Thank you for this post! This part of setting up Maschine in Cubase has been very frustrating. :confused:

I had a little trouble understanding where to click, so I made some pictures (also posted them over at the NI forums, just in case another newbie like me needs help):

Click here first, that little triangle on the left side of the blue rectangle, just to the upper left of the menu that has appeared:
maschine1.png
then make your selection from the indicated menu, like this:
maschine2.png
Good luck folks!

Problem is, after a while, i always got a feedback loop which leads to a major clusterfuck.

Anyy help ?

Ok, now one whole week of troubles recording Maschine into Cubase, i still wonder why am i cursed ?

I do nothing more nor less than what Vantage said :

Really, something is not right about that. I had the same issues since i have my first Maschine, with Cubase 6, 6.5 and 7.

Nobody never answer anything more than "–MIDI Input set to “Machine - MIDI Out”
–MIDI Output set to “Machine - MIDI In”, but THIS IS a feedback loop, that’s why it drives my Cubase nuts. Why should it be different ? Are you sure guys, i mean REALLY sure (after using this for hours), that it REALLY works ?

I would definitely use some help from Steiny people on this…

EDIT: Right now i can send you a project. I’ve just opened the key editor of my Maschine midi track while playing, and sound suddenly stops, my computer became unresponsive.

Best

f.e