How to contact Avid about Sibelius

In my experience Finale support hasn’t changed, but Sibelius most certainly has.

On the few occasions I emailed Finale support (mainly about installation and upgrade problems) I got an answer that worked first time, within 24 hours. That’s fair enough for “free support” IMO.

The finale user forum is not much use for getting support, though.

The current Dorico team are clearly better than the current Sibelius team.
Why should we stop bashing Avid? I’m still paying them for Sibelius 2019.whatever, and they keep breaking things: last year they managed to break SVG import and expedient time signature entry. Those are the things I spotted on the rare occasion that I have to use their software - there may be much more - and though they’ve fixed the time signature thing the SVG import has now been broken for a whole year!

And yeah, they have a couple of Facebook groups and a forum, but what use is that if the (admittedly quick, generally user-given) answer is “no, that’s broken. You’ll have to revert to 2018.4 for that to work”? The whole reason I keep paying them is I have to deal with people who work in the latest version!

Do I feel misunderstood?

:wink:

Tone of voice is often difficult to read on a text-based forum, but I can’t think what you meant by “stop bashing Avid” if it wasn’t “stop bashing Avid”!

I chuckled at the last round of bug fixes: something along the lines of “The fn keys work again!” and “Mac users, you’ve got your close button back on tabs!”

I this close to almost buying the update to Ultimate, instead of subscribing, around 2018.something. I felt they had gained enough goodwill, kinda, by getting the ball to roll again, and I still have to work with other people. The minute I thought that, enough chatter came through twitter to tell me that nope, bad idea! I’m usually very much against subscription models, but I’m perfectly fine being able to drop in and out with Avid. The less time, the better.

If you’re looking for a good laugh at SIbelius’ expense, you can check out this very funny review on youtube:

Haha, this thread is cracking me up! :laughing:

Very true and I apologize. I thought my tone of voice was readable enough by the rest of my bs-post.
But that way I learned quite some things about Sibelius updates…

Sorry Eddo - in a fit of rage I didn’t get as far as your second sentence. I’m pretty short-tempered when Avid’s mentioned :wink:

On a truly non-ironical, non-bs note: I can’t compare Finale - Sibelius - Dorico supports because I only know the Dorico support, but I agree that it is outstandingly helpful — but why being so modest? True, the Dorico team is kind of omnipresent, but the common effort of you (youens, y’all, yous guys; Leo, Luis [hey, how fares your beautiful font?], various Dans :wink: , Rob, Marc [Salut!]) truly is a selling point!
I wish my memory was better and I wouldn’t have to keep asking the same questions over again :smiley:

Thanks eddo - we try :wink:

Thanks! I make Leo’s words my own. I’ve been quieter the last few months, but you’re in very, very good hands with the rest of that gang.