How to create Multi bar rest on the full score?

IMG_0022
How to create Multi bar rest on the full score?

The switch is in Layout Options.

1 Like

My version is for iPad!

Sorry – I’ve edited my post above to link to the iPad documentation.

1 Like

When starting the arrangement I write for a single instrument (Flute) but in the selected part of the print appears (Full Score and the instrument I put) why?

Dorico doesn’t know, if the flute will be the only instrument of your piece or not. Therefore Dorico creates a full score and a part layout for every new project. Just delete the layout you don’t need.

2 Likes

… or ignore it.

I sent these images there to specify my question, I put the settings that were indicated to me here, I changed but it was left with the bars that were empty Dorico put these Multi bar Rest! I don’t want it to happen to all the empty bars, but to the ones I define! Anyway, I hope someone will help me with this issue.

Okay, now I finally understand what you want. Unfortunately, the only way to have multirests in some places and not others in a layout is to break up the others with the Split Multirest command (in engrave mode).

May I ask why you want this? Is it for page formatting? An alternative might be to keep multirests off and hide the bar-rests where you wanted a multirest. This makes the bars very small because there’s nothing in them to space.

1 Like

Live Shows where there is an instrument (Cavaco or guitar) playing a single chord until you finish a line with the singer’s audience!

Which command to use to put this Multi Bar Rest?

I’m sorry, I guess I don’t understand the question. I thought I answered that in my first response. To turn on multirests, it is not a command, it is a setting. Perhaps you could show some illustration of the results you want.

2 Likes

Rethinking what I imagine you’re trying to ask, I looked at the iPad documentation … and it appears that the iPad version does not have the Split multirest command!

Sorry for the confusion. There is some language barrier. I guess you will have to do without multirests, and condense the bars some other way. Perhaps you could force more bars onto a line?

Or, a new idea: Since this is just one instrument part and not a score, you could just write one bar where you want the multirest, and add a bar number change on the following bar!