How to cut out/move samples from browser to another location

hi! i hope i can find some help here:

when i am in the browser i see e.g. 40 samples. how can i sort out some to move them to a different place ?

the right “mouse button” has just the function “create folder” (i wished to have the normyl windows explorer menues here to simply cut/copy/delete samples).

in wavelab 6 i could mark the samples i wanted to cut our and then i could insert them to a new folder.

thank you so much!
soundfreak

when i am in the browser i see e.g. 40 samples. how can i sort out some to move them to a different place ?

For pure file management, use the Finder (Mac) or Windows File Explorer.

in wavelab 6 i could mark the samples i wanted to cut our and then i could insert them to a new folder.

I don’t think so.

hi! thank you. but the windows file explorer does not play ALL samples. when they are e.g. xtreme short they are not played. it would be much more better to prelisten to samples in wavelab and then i could decide where to move them.

but actually i dont know how to cut our samples from a folder to add them to another one in wavelab.

thank you.

hi again! e.g. when you create a sample library with loads of reall small elements (clicks etc.) - when you want to play them via windows explorer - this is almost impossible. there comes many time an error when you click double to hear them…etc.

then i have to hear them in wavelab. but for locating them on the disc i have to load them into wavelab. then i can can “show them in windows explorer” to locate it. then, when i simply want to move it to another location - i have to get back to wavelab as its actually “in use”.

this all is xtreme time wasting.

thank you for your help!

I understand your neee. But currently WaveLab’s file browser can’t do this.
However, there is something that might help you:
load many files in WaveLab. Play as needed. When you want to move the file to another folder, do:
File > Info and edit the Folder field. If the path is on the same partition, the file will be moved.

thank you! but just to get it for sure:

even in wavelab 6 (or may be it was even on v5) (earlier you wrote “I don’t think so.”) i simply could prelisten the samples in the browser (without loading them). then i could mark the ones at the same time that i e.g. wanted to move. then i hit the right mouse button to get the standard windows commands to move on (copy/delete/move etc.).

are you sure this is not possible anymore ?

thank you!

are you sure this is not possible anymore ?

Just checked with WaveLab 6: this was not possible.

hi! no, i worked for many years with wavelab 6 - and here it worked.

so today i reinstalled wavelab 6 - and everything is fine again. when you “open wav” you can prelisten to the samples without loading and then you can mark the samples you wanted to move (strg + left mouse button). and then you can cut out e.g. 10 samples at the same time and move them to another folder (e.g. to an open window at windows explorer).

so i had to go back to the roots…but i am glad to get this solution.

greets