How to De-activate multiple plugin inserts (not Bypass) in MixConsole?

In the stand-alone mixconsole (F3), I have a number of channels with various inserts (EQ, compressors, etc). I want to either select a single track and de-activate all the inserts, or preferably select multiple tracks and de-activate all the inserts. I don’t want to bypass them. I don’t want to remove (delete) them. Cubase offers a multiple Bypass option, but I don’t see a way to make them inactive. My approach is to write the music with midi and VIs and apply some basic insert processing across all my parts. Once the basic composing is done, I free up resources by bouncing the midi to audio, and de-activating unnecessary plugins. Bypassing them does NOT remove the load on the CPU. I may need to revisit some parts, so I make sure to keep my midi tracks and plugin inserts in the project. I just don’t want them active and draining limited computer resources. Thanks!

1 Like

Hi,

Sorry, there is no way, how to deactivate all Inserts of the given track at once. You can deactivate them one by one or Bypass all of them at once.

Hello,you can Freeze the channel.

I would forward to this functionality in a new release. Really helpful if you’re not the person who does recording and mixing in two entirely separate steps,but rather in iterations.

1 Like

Hmmmm, interesting. For some reason, eve after years and years of using Cubase, I never used freeze as part of my usual routines.

Me either

I wish to have this too. Simply a “total off” button for plugins of various kinds and in particular the ones with high latency.

This is what I do. F3 then make sure the inserts line is open in the upper racks section, if not, check it off in the Racks drop down on the top menu. On the top menu bar toggle the inserts button and all the inserts will toggle on or off. The inserts button is grouped with three other buttons that will do the same thing for different lines in the racks section (Ins/Eq/Cs/Sd, called State Buttons) . If you don’t see the state buttons on your toolbar then right click on the toolbar and select them. I use Cubase 12 Pro and Windows 10. Hope this helps:-)