How to delete a beat from the score? moving everything

Hello, I am working on a symphony, where every measure is different.
So, for example, first measure is 3/8, next one is 3/4, next one is 2/4, etc.

I decided to change 3 measures, from [3/4, 3/8, 2/4], to [2/4, 2/4, 2/4]. So I have one extra beat (an 1/8th silence) I need to remove for all the instruments, and I don’t know how to do this in Cubase 12.

I know how to delete a full measure… So I tried to change the 3/4 mesure to 2/4, than the next one (which was 3/8), I changed it to 1/8, as this was the 1/8th silence I wanted to delete!
I used the locators to this range I want to delete, and I deleted it from “edit”… Wonderfull…
Problem is… deleting this measure… made a hole in the structure… as all the following measures are now wrong…

The measures where 3/4, 3/8, 2/4, 3/8, 3/4, 2/4, 3/4, etc. and I wanted to have them 2/4, 2/4, 2/4, 3/8, 3/4, 2/4, 3/4, etc, after removing the 1/8th extra-silence.
a) I changed the first 3/4 measure to 2/4 and I wanted to delete the 1/8 note that follows that 2/4 mesure.
b) I changed the next 3/8 measure to an 1/8 measure and I deleted this unwanted beat/measure. Well done? No…
c) As I relized that the following measures became 2/4, 3/8, 3/4, 2/4, 3/4, while it was supposed to be 2/4, 2/4, 3/8, 3/4, 2/4, 3/4… of course… as I deleted a full measure! I lost one measure from the full structure…

So my solution isn’t a solution, as my symphony has over 2000 measures… I can’t change them all…

I had to undo what I did and now I just hope you have a solution for me?
How to delete just a beat please? in the score editor (I am not talking about deleting a section in seconds…)

Thanks

You can select note in particular position using “Logical Editor”

You can use “Delete Time” using the Range tool in the Project View with the timeline set to Bars and Beats, and the grid set to “Use Quantize”

For example:

The OP would like to delete time, not notes.

2 Likes