How to deselect event without clicking in background?

Greetings! Curious if there is a way to deselect an event without clicking empty space? Reason being is that when clicking to an empty space during playback, the playback is interrupted.

Thanks!

There is a function/key command ā€˜Select Noneā€™

But the ā€˜Locate When Clicked in Empty Spaceā€™ is also a preference:
Preferences>Transport>ā€˜Locate When Clicked in Empty Spaceā€™

awesome, thanks! that gives me a couple options to experiment with. I do actually remember selecting ā€˜Locate When Clicked in Empty Spaceā€™, dont remember why I did that now :slight_smile: Maybe that because that would be the functionality of Live, so I will try that first and see if that hinders me, and if so will set key for ā€œselect noneā€. Thanks again!

Alt+Shift+Clicking will locate the playback cursor to that mouse click, I prefer that over the ā€˜Locate When Clicked In Empty Spaceā€™ pref.

Either way, I coach myself to use ā€˜Select None/Shift+Aā€™ because I hate mouse clicks, and, it means I can be ā€œSelecting Noneā€ and moving my mouse to a task while I shift+a deselect.

1 Like

Cool, that sounds like a good way to go about it! Just set the custom key command ā€œNā€ for select none. Had to over ride a maker key command that I dont see myself using, for now at least. Thanks again!

Since Iā€™ve got myself using ā€˜Select Noneā€™ command all the time, Iā€™ve also experimented with ā€˜Select Track on Background Clickā€™ which Iā€™ve found actually to be pretty useful in speeding up workflow