How to edit what is played in the chord track after entering a chord symbol?

Hello, I have the following problem:
When I play a chord on the keyboard (e.g. Am7/G),
then it is interpreted as another chord (e.g. C6/G).
Even though Am7 and C6 are the same in principle, I would like to show what is meant.
If I now enter the desired chord (Am7/G) manually, a different voicing is played than the one I would play on the keyboard.
How can I enter a chord symbol and determine how the chord is played in the chord track?

Thxs a lot,
best, Roman

Are you properly specifying the root of the chord when you’re inputting it, so that Dorico knows it’s an Am7 chord rather than a C6 chord? See here.

Hi, Daniel,

the problem is:
Since an Am7 chord (a-c-e-g) has the same notes as a C6 chord (c-e-g-a), Dorico does not know which chord is meant.
The root note would be the only clue.
But since it is an inversion (Am7/G = g-a-c-e), the root note is not the bass note.
How to proceed in this case?

Thxs, Roman

The link Daniel gave you explains it. But realize that when the article says to restrike the root, it means the root (A, in your case) not the bass note.

Hi Derrek,

ok, I am one step ahead.
I play an A and then the remaining notes g-c-e.
In sum the notes g-A-c-e are then.
The following appears: Am/G
That is already a better result.
But in fact Am7/G should appear, because it is an inversion of a seventh chord.

If I enter Am7/G manually, the chord is interpreted correctly, but played an octave too high.
How can I fix this?

I do it the other way around (which is also an option); I play the chord, a third inversion of Am7 (all four notes) and then, while holding all the other notes, lift and restrike the A. It gives me an Am7/G chord symbol. Is that in line with what you are after?

…would be great if it worked the way you described it…
but unfortunately… it remains an Am/G, without 7…

Now I have found out how it works.
Using the example of the Am7/G:
I have to play the chord in the basic position (i.e. an Am7: a-c-e-g) and below that the bass note G, so I get: g-a-c-e-g
Then I have to play the ‘a’ again to give Dorico the basic note of the chord.
Another way is: I press all the keys you need except the root a, that means g-c-e-g, and then you play the root ‘a’ at last.
That will result in an Am7/G.
If I only play the third inversion (g-a-c-e), then I always get an Am/G.
So the seventh must be played above the triad so that Dorico recognizes the chord as the four-note-chord m7, even if the Bassnote is a different one.

That’s not how I do it, but if it works for you, I am glad.