How to get a click track?

Thank you, Steve. That’s very useful. I’ll have to put some time into working with this. I’ll let you know how it works out.

That’s exactly how I feel about the Operations Manuals. They explain the functions in the most basic terms, but little to no information about practical or typical usage is provided. I really think Steinberg should do better in this regard. It would only help it with its marketing program. A better trained user base will drive interest in the program and all the company’s offerings.

Lastly, I’d suggest that users heavily annotate the PDF documents as you go. I’ve been doing that and it’s been very helpful. Sometimes I have to read the manual 10 times before what it is telling me becomes clear. I fault the documentation more than myself for this issue, but by annotating the PDF file I’ve managed to create some useful notes. So, when I go back to Page XXXX for the 12th time, I can re-read my notes or perhaps make new ones. If you’re not already doing so, I suggest users learn to annotate the PDF operations manuals.

Steve, I realize this is now way off the topic of the original post so I’ll keep it brief. Perhaps I’ll open up a topic in the Lounge for some discussion of this. I did experiment with what you said and do think an actual frame-rate synchronized click track could be created in Cubase. However, since it’s wildly off topic from the OP’s question, which I think has been very well responded to by users, I’ll refrain from expanding on it here. I’ll say this, the more I deeply I learn Cubase, the more I realize how much depth is really there. Thanks and take care, Steve.

Funny how people go on and on and on and on and on about a bunch of nonsense and don’t actually cut to the chase by specifically revealing the answer to the question.

Agreed.

To keep it short, use CTRL+T which will open the tempo track which is the term used in Cubase.