How to get all the same articulation on selected notes that are on different staves (multiple selection)

For the stringed instruments I use the same Expression Map. So, “Staccato 1” and “Staccato 2” articulations are always on position 1, respectively, position 2 (in the info line articulation drop-down menu). It would be so much easier to select notes on multiple staves and apply the position 1 articulation (staccato 1, in my case) for all the selected notes.

This being said, please give the user the possibility of assigning the same articulation for all the staves that contain the selected notes!

I found a workaround.
If I want all notes to be pizzicato, I copy a pizzicato note, then while the others are selected, I right-click and choose “Paste attributes”.

This is just the way it’s supposed to work :wink:

As Steve said, if I am understanding correctly, this is what the Score already precisely does, and perfectly.
Just select all the notes in the same group (sharing the same EM) and apply your articulation (attribute) anywhere over the section… Voilà!

This is one of the things I love about the Score Editor.

Sorry! While I was thinking about the Info Line, I totally forgot about the Expression Map palette (in the left window zone). Thanks to you and -steve- now I can assign expression map articulations in one more way.

TheMaestro, did you know that the Expression Map articulations can be hidden by default? (I’m just asking because I want you to love even more the Score Editor in Cubase).

Expression Map Palette can be what? “hidden”?! :open_mouth:
Sorry I don’t understand this statement!
:laughing:

Joking aside, did you know that you can pin Palettes by Ctrl+clicking (PC) on it?
By doing so, it will be open by default next time you launch Score Editor.

Expression Map Palette can be what? “hidden”?! > :open_mouth:
Sorry I don’t understand this statement!
:laughing:

I’m talking about the articulation note symbols. In older versions of Cubase you couldn’t hide the articulation symbols by default… With this option (Expression Map articulation symbols hidden), I can make the Score Layout look exactly how I want it.

Joking aside, did you know that you can pin Palettes by Ctrl+clicking (PC) on it?
By doing so, it will be open by default next time you launch Score Editor.

Yes. On MAC is CTRL+Click. On PC is just right click & open as palette.

It was a joke, I know what you were talking about. What I meant is that I cannot conceive working in the score editor with the Expression Map symbols tab hidden. because inserting articulations is as important as inserting notes.

No.
Sorry I didn’t use the right terminology.
I was talking bout “Tab”, not “Palette”.
And also I was referring to the fact that, if you want opened “Tabs” to remain open when you open another one, and to be persistent even on following relaunches of Cubase, you have to hold CTRL while “expanding”.
Of course opening Tabs as Palettes is another solution.
:wink: