How to get Cubasis 2 projects and audio into v3?

I purchased Cubasis 3, thinking I would be able to transfer my Cubasis 2 projects and audio to v 3, and I don’tt see a way to do that, making the new app rather useless for me at the moment, since I use it to play my backing tracks at gigs. Also, I do NOt see the wi-fi server on the new version, also an indispensable feature for me to transfer my tracks from my computer to the app.
I am feeling like I just wasted $50. Am I missing something here? I’m about to request a refund from the App Store.

1 Like

Hi MajorJohnny,

Thank you for your message.

While there or many options to transfer your projects from Cubasis 2 to Cubasis 3 (e.g. Apple’s Files app etc.), we suggest to do it this way:

• Launch Cubasis 2
  • Go to Media/Projects
  • Choose the “Project” to be transferred
  • Tap “Share” and choose “More”
  • Choose “Copy to Cubasis 3”

Afterwards please load the project in Cubasis 3, making sure it works as expected.

Hope that helps.

Best,
Lars

1 Like

I’m glad I can transfer my Cubasis 2 projects into v 3, but without the WiFi server, how can I get my tracks and mixes from my studio PC into Cubasis 3? The WiFi server was my method, but I can not do that, so I’d have to import them into v2 then transfer them. Shouldn’t there be an easier way?

Hi Midiexpert,

Thank you for your message.

There are various options to transfer files bewteen a computer and the iPad.
Please have a look at the following Apple article:

Transfer files between iPad and your computer

Hope that helps!

Best wishes,
Lars

1 Like

It did not launch the imported project by default. I was looking at a wrong project in v3.

It works.

1 Like

Me too it works, project transferred successfully including the audio.

I am sorry - there must be a solution you thought of for this case when dealing with more than one file to be transferred, didn’t you? I have way over 100 projects I would like to transfer and I am sure I do not need to tell you how annoying it would be to do so one by one. Could you guide me to how that’s done best?

Are you on IOS?

Yes, iOS 15.6

Hi @jpanic,

Thanks for your message and sorry for my late reply (due to annual holidays).

We suggest to transfer your Cubasis 2 projects manually as described below, to make sure everything works as expected afterwards. You will have to do this only once with every project.

In addition, you can give it a try to copy/transfer all projects in one go, using Apple’s Files app (at your own risk).

How to transfer Cubasis 2 projects to Cubasis 3

While there or many options to transfer your projects from Cubasis 2 to Cubasis 3 (e.g. Apple’s Files app etc.), we suggest to do it this way:

• Launch Cubasis 2
  • Go to Media/Projects
  • Choose the “Project” to be transferred
  • Tap “Share” and choose “More”
  • Choose “Copy to Cubasis 3”

Afterwards please load the project in Cubasis 3, making sure it works as expected.

Hope that helps.

Best,
Lars

So he has to copy/move them 1 by 1? (He has a 100 :flushed:)

Doesnt ios have a file explorer that can batch copy/paste from Cub2’s project folder to Cub3’s project folder?

Hi @CJ_Monster,

Did mention this in my reply already

In addition, you can give it a try to copy/transfer all projects in one go, using Apple’s Files app (at your own risk).

Best,
Lars

Hi @LSlowak, please give us a project batch migration tool when Cubase 4 is released. A great argument to move quickly, safely and smoothly to Cubase 4.