Does anyone know how this is meant to work please?
I have Auto Update enabled in the Export Mixdown dialog and it never updates the file name to the project name.
A typical sequence would be this:
- Save file (I normally use the save to new version method).
- Open Export dialog with Auto Update enabled. Check file name. Is it the file I’ve just saved? No. It never is sadly.
- So I set the export file name to the project file name, do the export and carry on.
A little while later I’ll come to the next save and export and I go through the same sequence. Despite having updated the file name and having auto update ON and still in the same session, the Export dialog never updates the file name correctly.
This is a bug that goes back to C7.5 or perhaps before (I went to C7.5 from N4 so I don’t know the exact feature history).
If anyone can tell me what the secret handshake is to get this working, I’d be grateful! It’s the frequency of occurence that is the annoying thing. These things get very annoying when they happen every time and continue over major versions and to be honest, it doesn’t seem like a major issue to fix or get working correctly…
If AutoUpdate = TRUE then Export.Filename=Project.Filename else Leave it the same
(Code pedants, yes, saying =TRUE on a test is not necessary. I would normally just write If AutoUpdate Then …)