how to get the soft e-licencer onto a dongle USB licenser

I want to use my new computer with Dorico too. So I have to get the license onto the dongle.
Please what are the correct steps to achieve this?
I don’t want to risk to loose Dorico working on the old MacBook Pro.

Thanks.

It’s really easy, all you need is the eLicencer Control Center (eLC) and an internet connection.

Plug-in the USB eLicenser and start the eLC. On the left side, in the list of eLicensers, click on the Soft-eLicenser and on the right the Dorico license shall be visible.
Now, drag and drop that Dorico License onto the USB-eLicenser on the left, that will initiate the transfer. Some alert dialog appears, click on “Transfer License”
and follow the instructions.

But you know? Once the Dorico license is on the USB-eLicenser, you can not move it back to the Soft-eLicenser. From then on you always have to have the USB-eLicenser connected if you want to run Dorico.

Thanks for the reply.

But is there another way to use Dorico on 2 computers (not simultaneously) but with a dongle?

You can license one computer, and only use Dorico on that one computer, or you can move the license onto the dongle, install Dorico on as many computers as you like but they’ll only work if the dongle is plugged in.

Using the USB-eLicenser is the way to use Dorico on more than just one computer. You can install the software on as many computers as you like and then move the USB-eLicenser around those computers.

Thanks for the replies!

One last question. What if the dongle somehow and sometimes gets damaged? Nothing here on earth lasts forever :slight_smile:
Will I then be able to get a new license somehow?

Thanks again to both of you.

This is what our webpage has to say about it:

Thanks for the link.

One more question then arises. Sorry. Is my dongle automatically registered when I do what you told me to:

„It’s really easy, all you need is the eLicencer Control Center (eLC) and an internet connection.

Plug-in the USB eLicenser and start the eLC. On the left side, in the list of eLicensers, click on the Soft-eLicenser and on the right the Dorico license shall be visible.
Now, drag and drop that Dorico License onto the USB-eLicenser on the left, that will initiate the transfer. Some alert dialog appears, click on “Transfer License”
and follow the instructions.“

Thanks.

No, for registration you need to go to: https://www.steinberg.net/en/mysteinberg/my_products.html