How to go from one track to the other using the up or down arrow key

Hi friends,

In the project window I use to be able to go from one track to the other using the up or down arrow key.

I can’t do that anymore… :confused:

Any idea how I could fix that?

Thanks a lot !

Yes, I would like to know, too.

You can always go, but only if no events/parts are selected in the project window. (And of course focus should also be in the project window)

However, there’s a preference that allows you to navigate tracks with the cursor keys no matter what. It’s:

Editing - Use Up/Down Navigation Commands for Selecting Tracks only

1 Like

Hi mate, thanks for replying.

I have this preference ticked and I have no events nor part selected. But that won’t work… :confused:

Pardon my english but what do you mean by “focus should also be in the project window” ?

Here’s what I do without the preference.

0:00 - 0:05 Start with a MIDI part selected. Focus is in the editor (red outline). Cursor keys move the events up and down by half steps.
0:06 - 0:14 Once I click on the upper part of the project window so that it gets focus, up and down navigates through the MIDI parts of the project window.
0:14 - end Once I give the command “Select None” (Ctrl Alt Shift), you can see that the MIDI part on the first track becomes deselected. At that point, up and down keys navigate through the track list. (Focus, the red outline, is always on the topmost part, the project window.)

I don’t know why it doesn’t want to work for you Martin?

Thanks for taking the time to explain it so beautifully :')

However I’m still unable to navigate throught my tracks up and down with the arrow key … :confused:

Again:
-I have no events or parts selected
-Editing - Use Up/Down Navigation Commands for Selecting Tracks only is ticked
-Focus is on the project window as you explained

If anyone has some ideas I’d really apreciate :pray:

I figured what was my problem! :slight_smile:

In key commands, I think I accenditaly removed “Up” using up arrow and “Down” using down arrow.
I reprogrammed those two commands and now it’s back to normal :slight_smile:

1 Like