How to have multiple sets of Timecode 0:00:00:00 within the same project?

Hi,
i have several episodes of a podcast I’d like to have within one same project. Since this is not a footage project, the only timecode reference I have is Nuendo’s.

The first episode is fine, it starts right at 0:00:00:00 at the beginning of the Nuendo timeline. However, with episode 2, how do I “reset” the timecode back to 0:00:00:00 after episode 1, on the SAME timeline?

Is there anyway to do this, or am I only left with the solution to have different project files for different episodes?

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

…or do them on different tracks, soloing/muting as necessary, if you really want them to be in the same project. But there is no means to reset time in the middle.

There might be a more elegant solution… But you can generate a SMPTE audio clip copied to each episode and use a SMPTE reader plugin.

or

Having a 1 hour (or more, depending on episode length) offset for every eposode is another work around. This way the positions are quickly read and understood. (This is how i do it for live music work, sending timecode to light and video.)

best regards
Johannes

In Post it is common that Episode 1 starts @ 1 hour, episode 2 @ 2 hours, etc …
So it might be logical to place the episodes starting @ 1 hour apart;
Will also be easy to read the timecodes, you just have to ignore the hour digits.
:slight_smile:
Fredo

1 Like

Heyyy, thanks for the replies guys! Very helpful! Yeah I think I’ll set the episodes at specific hours, easier to read and just ignoring the hour digits! Genius. Thanks again!