how to hide a note ?

While what you say is true, I was thinking more to the use for proportional notation, à-la-Takemitsu. Something like this (to be done with Remove Rests, note head zero transparency, and hidden stems):
proportional.png
Paolo

Just a note to remember that this issue still exists in v3.0.10. While I understand there is a mass removal procedure, I want to report this particular behavior.

Paolo

I tried changing the color of the rest to white, but it remains a small part of the rest in black.
Also, I did not find @pianoleo 's suggestion of Edit → Remove Rests.
How can I hide that rest?

1. What you are seeing is part of the ledger line which the rest sits on. If you use Rest pos. (in Properties > Notes and Rests) to raise it so that it it hangs from the bottom staff line, the ledger line will disappear as it will not be needed anymore. You will also need to use Custom Scale (in Properties > Common) to reduce the size of the rest (I found that 50% was sufficient) so that it does not obscure part of the staff line. All this is in addition to what you have already done, ie changed its colour to white.

2. The menu command Edit > Remove Rests is available when the you are in Write mode and you have selected the rest(s) which you want to remove.

Thanks. For future Dorico updates, it would be great if this could be simpler, like pressing “h” and that’s it.

Edit > Remove Rests is where it’s always been. When you said you “did not find” my suggestion, what exactly do you mean?

I think I wasn’t on Write Mode. But probably it was there and I didn’t see it even though it was not available on Engrave Mode. It would be great to develop mouse clicking in Dorico, having more options when you double click something.

Even in Engrave mode, the function exists on the Edit menu.

Granted, it only works in Write mode.
You can certainly assign a key command for it if you wish, though H is by default assigned to toggling between the hand tool (for dragging the page) and the marquee tool (for dragging a box to select items on the page).

My point is, double clicking makes the software more intuitive. If the user has to assign the commands, that’s no longer intuitive. Not only that, but many other features in Dorico could be accessed by double mouse clicking. Just a suggestion for future improvements.

Sorry, when I said double mouse clicking, I actually meant right click.