How to import video?

Hi, I use my IPAD to film myself singing… then I want to import this whitout the IPAD-sound to my music in Nuendo. I have tried to convert the video to several formats but is not able to open it because Nuendo tells me that the file is “invalid or not supported” . What am I missing? I thought that Nuendo is capable of reading all the formats…

Please help, Regards Micke S.

I hate to say it, but have you checked with the manual to see that the container type is supported?

And have you made sure the actual codec is installed?

Can you open it in any other program in the Nuendo computer?

[I hate to say it, but have you checked with the manual to see that the container type is supported?

And have you made sure the actual codec is installed?

Hi, What container?

Yes I can open it in windows mediaplayer,
I e-mailed it to my android cellphone where i also can watch it whitout any trouble.
I have converterd the MOV.-file to both MPEG4 and WMA I have Nuendo 6.5 with NEK, never tried to import video before but was convinced that Nuendo can read all the formats there is…so… any suggestions??

Regards Micke.

In my manual it’s on page 749. The file consists of a container that tells the computer about what data it “contains”, along with the actual data. The data is encoded, which means that you need a codec that matches the data. So you could hypothetically have a file format/container that is fine, yet lack the codec to decode the data.

As stated in the manual:

So I’m guessing that checking in Win MediaPlayer and on an Android device won’t suffice.

You said you tried (converted?) to MPEG4, and MOV, and they are approved “containers” from what I can see. So if it still doesn’t play the question is what codec was used.

Hi, Now I have installed QUICK TIME… That was what was missing… Thanks for your answers. Now I must find out how to sync… Ha ha never ending…

Regards, Micke S.

“shift+s” to the setup dialog and make sure the frame rate of the project is the same as the video. Just for housekeeping’s sake.

Yes, I read somthing about same frame rate… I,ll try to get into it later today…
Micke.