How to input U-E047  in custom text box?

Hello,
Is there a way to input U-E047  into the custom text box?
Screenshot 2019-01-22 03.12.30.png
I copied the glyph from the following webpage:
http://w3c.github.io/smufl/gitbook/tables/repeats.html
However, it does not work.
Should I use a alt+shift+x?

Here’s a link to help you with inputting Unicode on Windows (I’m assuming you’re on Windows…): accidentals in Petaluma Script - #9 by dan_kreider - Dorico - Steinberg Forums

Do none of the options found in Engraving Options do what you want?

I dunno, it’s showing me a snowman. Daniel, is the team considering this for a future version??

PS: I’m joking… just to clarify…

In the “Vergnügubgszug Polka” of Johann Strauss, there is “Polka da Capo bis U-E047 dann Coda”.
Of course, “D.C. al Coda” would be enough.

My question was not intelligent. It is impossible because we need a font which supports SMuFL.
The input box of the “Custom text” will use the default system font of macOS which does surely not support SMuFL.

Sorry, it was a silly question.

You can input this as regular system text, just change the font to Bravura Text. Then you can copy-paste the glyphs.

For what it’s worth, I’ve just experimented with this a little. Basically, unless the ONLY thing you want to display is the segno symbol or the coda symbol, doing it by pasting the glyph is a non-starter. For the glyph to show at all you’d need to set this font to Bravura or Bravura text, which are (I’m guessing) the only fonts that contain this glyph at the right location. If you do that, you have no control over how any actual text displays.

Here’s a link to help you with inputting Unicode on Windows (I’m assuming you’re on Windows…)

Thanks, but my Dorico licence is unfortunately on macOS.

Ok, either way it’s probably easier to copy-paste the glyphs into system text from the page you linked, making sure your font is Bravura Text.

PS: It’s not a silly question. It takes time to get used to the behavior of the glyphs and how they can be used.

Thanks.
There is another problem.
The height of Bravura is very tall, but Dorico does not provide line spacing.

Try Bravura Text, not Bravura.

Oh, perfect. Thanks!

For what it’s worth, I’ve just experimented with this a little. Basically, unless the ONLY thing you want to display is the segno symbol or the coda symbol, doing it by pasting the glyph is a non-starter. For the glyph to show at all you’d need to set this font to Bravura or Bravura text, which are (I’m guessing) the only fonts that contain this glyph at the right location. If you do that, you have no control over how any actual text displays.

Thank you very much!