How to inrease speed in audio?

Hi Guys,

I was wondering how to increase speed of an audio recording (in Cubase 9 Artist) without changing the pitch?
Its a simple recording with only rhythm and solo acoustic guitars (2 channels only) :smiley:

I believe this is possible but not sure how to achieve it.

Any help is much appreciated, cheers … :wink:

1. Open the Pool and find your audio files
  2. Verify they are set to the correct tempo, if not change the tempo setting in the Pool
  3. Click the box for each file to enable Musical Mode
  4. In the Project Window for any Track using those files make sure the Track is set to Musical Timebase
  5. For a constant Tempo change it in the Transport. For a Tempo that varies use a Tempo Track.

Many thanks raino, it works well …!!!
You said:
2) Verify they are set to the correct tempo, if not change the tempo setting in the Pool

When I do that the rhythm goes all over the place, not all audio channels are equally affected, so I just leave the speed in audio files (in Pool) as is, and only increase the speed in the Transport bar, and all works well.

Cheers!

Sorry, wasn’t totally clear. By “correct tempo” I mean the tempo the audio was originally recorded at. When recording in a Loop sometimes Cubase will get the tempo wrong by a little bit and then need to be corrected.

Yes, I understand, this is a great tool, thanks for your help again!