How to kick Nuendo6.5.exe out of the Taskmanager?

A somewhat weired question…

Though 6.5 runs stable most of the time I have quite a lot of crashes - for example just 5 min ago - I plugged an USB stick and Nuendo crashed - boom - gone… The other crashes are different topics - but:

When Nuendo crashes there is Nuendo6.5.exe still running in the Taskmanager, most obvious when I have a look at the UAD Meter - the DSPs are still loaded.

There is NO way to quit that process… neither using Taskmanager->quit Process - nor using Tools like “Killprocess”.

I have to reboot. And it seems Nuendo is debugging or something like that, cause if I just wait 5 min - all of a sudden the process ends and the UAD dsps are released.

In older times I never had that problem. After a crash everything was closed and I was able to reopen. What changed? What can I do? I hate to reboot all the time… Currently I have to deal with some third party issues which can cause Nuendo to crash when opening a big project. When doing some research here I have too reboot all the time which is quite booring…

Win7 64bit… Everything 64bit…

Hi Brandy,

Is your system running on a SSD drive ?
Recently I had some erratic crashs and blue screens…especially when connecting a USB device while Nuendo was running…
As it turned out this was caused by my faulty SSD…

Cheers,
Thomas

Oh yes - Intel SSD System Drive, Project on Samsung Pro blabla 340 as far as I can recall…

Crazy…

The best tast manager I’ve found that will nuke anything instanly is called Process Explorer…and it’s free over at Process Explorer - Sysinternals | Microsoft Learn (hmm…I see microsoft snapped it up…interesting…)