How to make Cubase accept mono outputs?

I am using some free VSTs from Tweakbench and I get these error message when trying to use a few of their products:

“This mixer configuration expected “pooBoy2” to have Output1:Stereo,
->The instrument currently has Output 1:Mono,
->The instrument channel will be silent.”

“This mixer configuration expected “monomate_2_3” to have Output1:Stereo,
->The instrument currently has Output 1:Mono, Output 2:Mono,

“This mixer configuration expected “tb_rebar_1_4” to have Output1:Stereo,
->The instrument currently has Output 1:Mono, Output 2:Mono,

I sent an email to the company and I received this email:

"First of all, thanks for using Pooboy2.

You need to configure Cubase to accept mono outputs.
If you still get the error message I suggest you contact Steinberg since the “problem” is in Cubase. Now it expect a stereo vst, but Pooboy is mono and will always be since it is a Game boy emulation Vsti.

I hope it will work so you can enjoy Pooboy2.

All the best!"

So I tried to find how to make Cubase accept mono outputs and I couldn’t find anything.

I am using Cubase 7 - 64bit on Windows 7 - 64bit.

Komito,

Goto:
Devices - VST connections - Outputs
If there is a stereo bus, remove it.

Click add bus - click configuration stereo and change to mono.

Best regards,
Twan

Hi, i’ve already tried that, it just makes things that already work come out in mono.

I still get the same message for the 3 VSTs I am trying to use…

Thanks for replying though :slight_smile:

I have not got Cubase open at the minute. Here is my idea. Create a mono output channel. Route the mono synth output to this channel. Then you can export an audio track into Cubase.

I have now opened Cubase and downloaded Monomate - that works fine for me. I have however jBridged it as I also run in 64bit. Try doing that.

Thanks for replying !

Using Jbridge was the 1st thing I tried, before I even sent an email or checked the net for help…

I’ve created the mono output channel through the VST Connections panel (F4), and changed the routing as required, still nothing…

I am using Cubase 7 in 64 bit, so I don’t understand why it would be working for you, but not for me?

If I load any other instrument/audio and route it to mono, it plays the sound in mono, so I know it’s not a soundcard issue.

I just can’t figure this out…

Are you using instrument track or rack?
I loaded monomate using Instrument track.

It might be worth creating a new project. You can then test the tweakbench stuff to check whether there might be a particular issue in the project you are working on.

I loaded it using Intrument track.

I 1st tried it in new/blank project, specifically just to test the new VSTs I downloaded…

So yeah, I really don’t know what’s wrong, what version of Cubase are you using?

Do these 2 work for you also?

http://www.pontonius.se/