How to make the playhead invisible in Edit mode for screen recording?

I want to record a screen video of Dorico playing in Edit mode but without the green playhead visible. These are the only options I can find:

Screenshot 2024-06-26 111053

Is there a way to make the playhead optionally invisible during play?

I am personally not aware if that is possible, but in case this helps - I frequently create videos of my compositions without the playhead, but rather than going about it with a screen record method, I export a .PDF from the print menu and export audio, and then marry them together in any kind of video editor program. A few more steps but it gives me a little more control over the presentation. The downside is you won’t get the Dorico UI in the video in case that is something you wish to have.

1 Like

@wing, I’ve done much the same thing, though I use screen capture for the images. With screen capture, I could show the video editor program, but in my case, I don’t want to do that. I hadn’t thought of exporting PDF, so thanks for the idea. :slight_smile:

I’ve just figured out how to capture Dorico audio in recording apps such as Camtasia and streaming platforms such as Zoom, which I posted about here, so I no longer have to export the audio and pull it into Camtasia. If I could get that playhead to disappear, I wouldn’t have to create those images and bring them into Camtasia.

Honestly, it’s not the end of the world if we can’t get the playhead to disappear, but it would save some time when making videos of Dorico in Edit mode where I don’t want the playhead visible.