How to make VST instruments not load?

is ther a way to TRULY freeze an instrument? similar to how 4 works where the instrument was unloaded and did not load until you unfroze?

i have several instruments that are turned off but of course they all still load when i load my project which means it takes 5 minutes to load my project. I have already bounced these to audio files so I only want to keep the VST/midi tracks in case i go back for changes.

turning a vst off is different then freezing it. should be able to freeze in vst instruments window

yeah sure… BUT in cubase 6 even frozen it loads the instrument on startup of project.

If you want to unload the instrument completely then you can use export audio/reimport to track & unload it/them manually.

Not perfect but with the batch track export it works OK.

Not sure how to totally disable them, workaround may be saving a new session without the vst’s

Yes… when you freeze the VSTi, you have to check the box that says “unload instrument when frozen”
Then it doesn’t load into memory.

Yes… when you freeze the VSTi, you have to check the box that says “unload instrument when frozen”
Then it doesn’t load into memory.

This does not work here. (CUBASE 6 Artist). Even if I check “unload instrument when frozen”, it loads the vst instrument at loading of the project. My vst performance goes down just a very little bit when freezing files.

I can’t find a proper solution for this. Any help appreciated!

I’m on Cubase 6.5 here but it works flawlessly. No VSTi loaded until I unfreeze. My Performance and RAM are not affected when the project loads.

Could be an Artist version bug…

remove the vst directory from vst plugin’s list.