How to MIDI-export one piece, several flows?

I have a long piece broken into several flows. The flows aren’t meant to be movements; they’re just subdivisions for organizational convenience.

I’d like to bring everything into Logic, but exporting to MIDI causes some problems. For one thing, each flow is exported as a separate MIDI file. While I can drag and drop the MIDI files into one Logic project, this discards all the MIDI tempo and marker information. If I open a MIDI file in Logic, that info is preserved - but that only works on a single MIDI file.

Is there an efficient way to export all flows into one long MIDI file? Or to easily merge all flows into one mega-flow?

Thanks-in-advance,

Mike

Dorico doesn’t have a specific feature for combining flows, but the following should work:

1. Navigate to the last flow. Select All using the System Track - the System Track is important here.
  2. Copy
  3. Select the final barline of the previous flow.
  4. Paste
  5. Rinse and repeat.

Thanks!

I am not quite sure I understood this. I copied all the measures of the last flow on System Track. I did not select the measures themselves but the System Tracks (see Image 1). Then I selected the final barline of the previous flow but nothing happened. What am I doing wrong?

Also, I suppose this method will make everything into only one flow, right? If so, that’s not what I want for the music.

PS: For Exporting Flows, there is an option for that, but for Exporting MIDI there is not (see Image 2)

IMAGE 1
SystemTrack

IMAGE 2
ExportFileMidi

It looks like you have not completed the selection. Having selected the bars on the system track, you have to complete the selection by clicking the white square in the final bar - all the notes will turn orange.

Ok, but how is that different from selecting a bar and pressing Ctrl+A?
In any case, I’ve just done it and the score became a mess, as in the previous flow there were staves hidden, so the “new” copied and pasted systems are also appearing with hidden staves.
What it did, as I said in the question, was to put everything into a single flow, and that’s not what I wanted, especially because I don’t want the cautionary key change and time signature change to appearing at the end of the first flow (and the Dorico don’t allow to manually hide them, so the only way of doing it is to divide the piece into flows).
I am afraid there is no solution currently.