I’ve tried many things to to get a fair binaural monitoring in Nuendo, I was using DearVR Monitor which is just ok, would be a lot better if wasn’t for the roomy sounding even on Analytic profile. Well… I found a channel on YT and Mr Michael G Wagner gave me a very good alternative, witch is closest I got of the Dolby Mastering Renderer binaural monitoring and for free, just by using DearVR AMBI MICRO.
- Send the output of you main output bus ( the one with the Atmos renderer plugin) to a Ambisonic Bus
- Change the pannig decoder from Ambidecoder to DearVR AMBI MICRO
- Set the input in DearVR AMBI MICRO to B-Format (AmbiX) and TOA 16Ch
- Set the output in DearVR AMBI MICRO to Binaural DearVR
- Set the output of that Ambisonic Bus to your main Stereo Out
This is the best I get so far.
Check Mr Michael G Wagner’s video out.
Starts at time 11:30