How to open a montage ignoring plugins

Hi

Recently I took a project from the studio home to finish up assembling and running parts.
The montage would not open, and just crashed Wavelab.
I brought it back to the studio and it worked fine.
I don’t use many plugins,(analogue loop for me) but I had used a couple on this montage for final limiting
Further investigating revealed a TDR limiter was a slightly different version at Studio vs home. I think this was the problem.
So: is there a way to open a montage (so I get all the assembly, fades levels and gaps etc) with out any plugins trying to load - without emptying all my VST folders on the Mac

Thanks

Peter

You could probably go into the WaveLab Preferences with no files/montages open and uncheck the problematic plugins in the Plugins section and then try to open the project and tell WaveLab to ignore the missing plugins.

The latest TDR Limiter is working OK here, so maybe you could also update the plugin?

REAPER has a great “safe mode” option to open a session w/o any plugins easily but with WaveLab, it’s not as simple. That said, you don’t have to delete any plugins, making them inactive in the WaveLab Preferences should be enough.

Thanks Justin,

Yes. once I updated TFR all was good. It was just annoying that the time I had put into editing and sequencing was lost as I couldn’t open the montage when I wanted to.

REAPER has a great “safe mode” option to open a session w/o any plugins easily but with WaveLab, it’s not as simple.

yes, that was my point

Cheers

Peter