How to record a voice-over?

How to record a voice-over?
I try to follow video material but can not manage. Can you inform me how to record a voice-over audio record. It is pure storage of voice without sophisticated instruments add-on?

1. Project > Add track > Audio
    2.Input/Output Channels > RECORD ENABLE

As I understand this should work.

Need help as I have full functional Cubase Elements the latest version.

Hi,

Rawly, this is how it does work.

What exactly doesn’t work to you? Can you see the recorded signal? Or is it just an empty line? Or you can’t see anything?

1. Project > Add track > Audio
    2.Input/Output Channels > RECORD ENABLE
    Should start recording or there is any option to do this?

Hi,

After the step 2 you have to hit the Record button on the Transport Panel. Then the recording should start and the signal will be recorded to the Record Enabled tracks.

There is a little more than only adding an audio track, record enable and pressing record button on the transport panel. Start with setting up your system explained in the manual

Hi,

If your setup is not done yet, I would recommend to watch Steinberg Cubase Quick Start Video Tutorials.

Be aware, some menu entries has been renamed since Cubase 10:

• Devices = Studio
  • Device Setup = Studio Setup
  • VST Connections = Audio Connections

I have done under tutorial. How to export added track as it reminds me with the warning:Export audio > The export range is empty. Please set the right and left locators.

How to solve this option?

click at the longest event on your audio track and press “p”

Then sit down and read the manual and/or whatch a lot of videos. You wont get very far and never be happy if you take the most trivial baby-steps with cubase by asking one mini-question after the other in a forum.

I have managed. Thank you. Edit > Select All > P. It works perfect. Thank you for all help. There are huge resources for all videos and topics about Cubase. You are right but I’m testing only audio records. I like Cubase and it is one of the best software UI design as this topic is not easy.

Hi,

There is a common shortcut: Ctrl/Cmd + A. :wink: