How to relay coordinates calculated by script to an UI element?

I want an UI element be moving according to the script calculations of x/y coordinates. However I see that coordinates can only be typed-in manually. How the script can access them? If can at all…

Do you want to create an XY pad? Or is it something else?

No, the idea is to change coordinates for, say, a label via script. So the element would move back and forth depending on a certain script calculations. It’s like an animation.

I see now. I don’t think it is possible to move or reposition macro page elements from the script.

Unless you do it like animation.

As a workaround I was advised to use XY-pad with an empty pad background and a picture of the moving element skinned to its cursor. Don’t know yet if this method has limitations, but it sounds interesting and I’m going to check it out.

Sounds like a good workaround. That’s why I asked if you want to create an xy pad. :grinning:

If you are going to do this you might want to add an invisible slider on top of the xy pad to cover the area and prevent mouse clicks from changing the values of the xy pad.

Is it possible to change the picture of XY-pad’s Handle from the script according to the value of a certain parameter? I want the GUI element not only moving but changing its picture as well.

No, it’s not.

You could still try animation with all possible positions. But then you would need to work out which frame of the animation you need instead of xy coordinates.