How to remove extra space from beginning and end of audio?

Thanks for uploading. So it’s exactly the same on your system. The exported audio is always ending after the bar.

Here it is in plain sight

I’m going to test another DAW…I have a feeling it’s an unavoidable sample rounding thing…so interested to know how it is working in other software (if it is!)

Ok, so apparently I’m still missing something. First off, I repeated that sample for 4 bars and didn’t hear any problem with the looped content. I heard no glitches and it there were they clearly weren’t noticeable enough to impede the use of the audio.

Secondly, given your pic; what would be the issue to simply splice the audio where the MIDI track ends to align it properly? Surely any editing of the audio may also be performed within the editor. Where is the need for another program to compensate for what you’re seeing? What type of editing requires the use of Logic over Cubase or am I again missing something because editing the audio file in Logic doesn’t eliminate the fact that you’d have to import the file into Cubase inevitably anyway. Unless the suggestion is to simply ditch Cubase and go full in for everything being performed in Logic.

Lastly, we can agree on one thing; I do see how it looks in plain sight on “your” system; however, that is not what I see on “my” system. I’ve attached a screenshot of the same view you’re looking at. So perhaps what you’re seeing is specific to Cubase 9 because I cannot imagine that you’re running the same version of Cubase and we clearly see 2 different things being rendered.

I explained before this is not an issue inside of Cubase. you don’t need to keep arguing this case. We agree completely Please forget about it being an issue in Cubase. It isn’t.
Here was what I said a few posts ago that I think is fairly clear about when this can cause a problem. There may be other times but this is the one I am aware of.

As far as I’m aware the only time this becomes an important issue for people is if they are creating sample libraries…like looping a string sound or piano sustain…that single sample which is no issue in the DAW as it gets overlapped becomes a repeating tick in the external sampler.

however, that is not what I see on “my” system. I’ve attached a screenshot of the same view you’re looking at. So perhaps what you’re seeing is specific to Cubase 9 because I cannot imagine that you’re running the same version of Cubase and we clearly see 2 different things being rendered.

Who knows…maybe there’s a change in 9.5, maybe it’s a Mac/PC difference, maybe you have the only system on the planet that can do it this way, maybe you just dragged the audio event end to the bar :laughing:

With a bit of rooting around I managed to find an acknowledged bug and Steinberg statement that is relevant to this…refers to render in place but exactly the same sample rounding issue and as I suspected they say it is unavoidable.

A little late, but what a joke for something so basic in DAW. Also, I’ve had moments where the issue was fixed, so it appears to be random, still leaning more towards broken and pathetic.

Still not working in cubase 10.5