How to remove track presets that imported from older version of Cubase?

Hi,

I am struggling to delete track presets saved in Cubase 10 and 11 which have ported over to Cubase 12 when I installed it.

In the Mediabay when I right click on one of the track presets I wish to delete and look at the path, this path no longer exists as I ran Cubase 11 on a Mac and now running Cubase 12 on a PC. So though the track preset is pointing to a path that no longer exists the preset itself is still in my list of track presets.

Any view how to delete these presets as I just cannot find a way?

Thanks

-Van

Haven’t stumbled on this kind of issue until now, but I guess that, in Mediabay, a Rescan Disk of all the units you have should solve the issue. If it doesn’t, after quitting Cubase, I would remove from the the Cubase preferences folder, which is (on a Windows system) the following :

C:\Users\[username]\AppData\Roaming\Steinberg\Cubase 12_64

…the mediabay3.db file (and put it in another location, just in case…) . This should force a complete rescan of the MediaBay content, when relaunching Cubase.

Cheers mate.

That sorted the issue for me! Upon further investigation I think the issue came in as I copied over the .xml files from my Cubase 11 preferences folder which I most needed in 12 i.e. the Mediabay 3 which you reference came across and still tried to access the Mac filepaths.

Many thanks

1 Like