How to Render Multitimbral Instruments in Cubase

Have you ever struggled to render 3rd party multitimbral virtual instruments to MONO audio files?

If that is the case, I’m happy to announce that I wrote a blog which includes a step by step guide.

Please feel free to leave any comments or questions. I also would like to hear about what challenges you face when working with Cubase. What are the things you most struggle with or never fully understood?

If you liked the blog, please feel free to share it anywhere you like.

My old XP with Opera does not support protocol on that “nextlevelsound” something, so have to use a browser on more modern machines later.
Thank you though. We cannot get enough of those.

My most recent discoveries has been to handle an imported surround 5.1 file and abiity to get a grip on each channel both to get separate visuals to see if anything peaks or overs and also to make own adjustments by hipassing some channels or process in another way.

Some things are in manual and fairly documented but took a while to get a grip on these things:
a)when having not surround output bus, need to be mixed down, and how the tools like MixConvert62 works in some places and how VSTMultiChannel, not available as insert other than Nuendo, but built in only if your target/output is surround.
b) how do you control which source sends have like from a 6 channel and do send to monobus, to stereobus and surroundbus.
How childbusses work in this context as well and routing several plugins inserts. How Mixconvert can be used to extract just the wanted channels in the send - like sending L+R to a stereo bus, LFE to a monobus etc - and do your own thing with this mix.
c) how you use stereo plugins and control from which source channels they work and output, lacking surround plugins for some stuff.
Loading three stereo plugins on a 5.1 bus and get them to use just particular channels. Like using two stereo versions for L+R and Ls+Rs and then one mono each of LFE and Center.

Thinking some is possibly a bunch of lessons to fully get/use what is actually there. I was rather impressed once the coins started to drop.
It all came from wanting peak meters to each channel to see those as well as total. I got some strange distortion on a DVD with a soundtrack to a film and wanted to see why it sounded aweful. A chance to learn a little about surround and educational for me.

I’m sorry for answering this late. Glad that you liked the blog. To be fully honest, I am not really that familiar with Surround sound since I mostly work on “normal” Stereo sound. But I promise to try it out and write a blog about it later on.