How to Render Pitch Correct to new file

I’m not sure how to word this, but I can’t seem to find anything about it in the PlugIn reference, or here in the forum.

When using the Pitch Correct plug-in, is there a convenient way to “bounce” the pitch-corrected track to a new file? I can do a mixdown/export (with re-import into project option checked), but this is clumsy and slow, and I have to remember to turn off any other plugins (if I don’t want them included) and to tick “mono downmix” (unless I want a stereo track).

This is important, because Pitch Correct introduces latency, making it a hassle to record additional tracks (I often end up turning Pitch Correct off temporarily, but that sometimes forces someone recording a harmony vocal, for example, to try and harmonize with a pitchy lead vocal),

I’m thinking there must be an easy way I’ve just overlooked. Thanks for any help you can offer.

Hi,

Render in Place would help. But again, you have just an options to Render without plug-ins (which doesn’t make sense in your case), or with all plug-ins.

You could also try to Freeze the original track, while you are going to Record another new track.

Thanks, I’ve never used either feature. It wasn’t clear to me how “Render in Place” is different from “Bounce”, but now I’ve experimented with it a bit I can see it might be very useful. For this particular situation, I can just temporarily turn off any inserts I don’t want rendered into the new track. “Render in Place” seems a bit of a misnomer however, as it creates a new track rather than replacing the old one (which is an option with “bounce”). Still, yes, thanks, it’s a very workable solution.

I still find “Freezing” confusing. Seems to me, in order to save resources, it must in fact render the track to a new WAV file somewhere (which I presume is what “freeze files” are). Is it not essentially the same thing as “Render in Place”? except that it doesn’t give you an option to use the “freeze file” directly (vs the frozen track), thus limiting your ability to further edit the rendered material.

Thanks, After using cubase now for nearly 10 years, mostly using only the familiar features and overlooking newer enhancements, this has bumped up my understanding a notch.