How to report a Cubasis 3 problem

Hi @gchamorro10,

Thank you for your message and welcome to the Cubasis forum.

Erase does not delete events selected in midi parameters

Please note that the MIDI editor comes with its own tools menu bar.

Once events have been selected via the “SELECT” button, you should be able to delete them via the “ERASE” button.

Alongside, please have a look at our dedicated MIDI editor tutorial, to check if it is of additional help for you. While the tutorial has been created using Cubasis 2, the basic steps should be comparable to Cubasis 3.

Please let me know, if this helps to solve your issue.

Thanks
& stay well,
Lars

Hi.
I DO use the MIDI Editor tools menu bar. But…the Erase button DOES NOT DELETE. And before update to 3.2.1 it DID delete.

That’s why I think it is an issue of 3.2.1 versión. Unless you tell me another solution farther than saying that erase button deletes, when I’m saying that in my device it DOES NOT delete.

Hi @gchamorro10,

Thank you for your message.

I DO use the MIDI Editor tools menu bar. But…the Erase button DOES NOT DELETE. And before update to 3.2.1 it DID delete.

Please provide us with a short clip that visualizes the issue, to allow us reproducing the problem.

Thanks,
Lars

Hi, here’s the clip. Hope you can help me. Thanks.

https://share.icloud.com/photos/0rZfGwC-YmO5svQQggXJC8eTQ

Hi @gchamorro10,

Thanks for the link, which I’ve shared with our team.

Stay well,
Lars

iPad Pro 12.9 2020. Cubasis LE 3 wont recognise UR22 Mk II
I’ve tried different cables. USB 2, C and an Anker multi port adapter
Cant get past demo mode
Thanks

Hi, just one thing. My version is Cubasis LE 3 full features, not Cubasis 3. Might it have something to do with the problem ?

Hi. Would you tell me, please, if finally you were able to erase ? And how you did it. I have the same problem, and Steinberg staff don’ t answer me.

My system is IPad 2019, IOS 14, Cubasis LE 3 (Cubasis 3.2.1)

Thanks.

Hi @gchamorro10,

Thanks for your message.

Unfortunately our engineers are unable to reproduce the problem too (things work as expected).
Please provide us with the project.

Best wishes,
Lars

Hi @nigelchatfield2,

Thank you for your message.

iPad Pro 12.9 2020. Cubasis LE 3 wont recognise UR22 Mk II
I’ve tried different cables. USB 2, C and an Anker multi port adapter
Cant get past demo mode

These are the steps to unlock Cubasis LE from demo mode:

• Launch Cubasis LE 3
  • Connect a supported hardware
  • Wait for the unlock popup confirmation

Please make sure to follow the exact setup example shown on the UR22mkII website:
https://www.steinberg.net/en/products/audio_interfaces/ur_series/models/ur22mkii/ur22mkii_setup_examples.html

In addition, please make sure Cubasis LE has access to the microphone.

Starting Cubasis the very first time, a popup asking your permission to use the microphone appears, which has to be accepted.
If you tapped “no” by accident, please change the setting manually as follws:

• Please go to the iPad settings
  • There please go to Privacy / Microphone
  • Please make sure to enable Microphone use with Cubasis.

If the problem persists, please double check, that the device is powered efficiently, and make sure to use supported cables for connecting the audio device with the iPad etc.

Does this help to solve the problem?

Best,
Lars

Problem with Soundfonts in Cubasis 3. How do you get the selected Soundfonts instruments to remain after you have gone to a new project? For example, I’ll set up a song using drums and acoustic bass. When I load a pervious project it will now have either 2 drum instruments or 2 bass instruments in the tracks. I’ll fix that then go on to the first project which now has the same problem. I just want the projects to save the instrument selections I made when I come back to them. For live use I can’t be reprogramming there sounds every time I load up a new song.

Hi @Ben_Ninmann,

Thanks for your message.
As of yet, Cubasis does not support Soundfont.

Please find all available Cubasis features listed in our comparison chart.

Best wishes,
Lars

Hi Lars, I’m having an issue:

1. Audio Unit FX inserts not bypassing properly.

2. When an Audio Unit FX insert is turned off, it keeps altering (colouring/filtering) the signal, removing the AU from the slot brings the sound back to normal.

3. True bypass for AUFX inserts, as it is with internal FXs.

4. I checked with AUFXs from different developers, and in all cases the signal wasn’t the same than before adding the AU, only removing the AUFX from the slot brings the signal back to normal.

5. iPad Pro 2017 10.5", iPadOS 14.4.2, Cubasis 3.3.1

I uploaded a video showing this issue, How can I share it to you?

Thank you!

Adrián

Hi @INFrames,

Thank you for your report, which has been shared with our main engineer.
Please have a look at his reply below:

"I was unable to reproduce the issue with Cubasis 3.3.1 on a 2021 and a 2018 iPad Pro with iOS 14.7.1.

What I did is I created a new project, added an audio drum loop, added (almost) the same 4 AU effects as in the video, then I added BLEASS reverb, closed it, moved it to slot 3 and disabled it. The sound was the same after deleting it.

I assume you’re using the latest iOS 14.7.1 and Cubasis 3.3.1?

At the end of the video, when you add FAC Phaser, disable and remove it, the bug doesn’t seem to occur, right?

So maybe it’s related to disabling an effect after moving it? Can you confirm this?

Does the issue always occur with the project shown in the video? If that’s the case, please send me the project."

Please feel free to upload the project via Dropbox or similar and let me have the DL via private message.

We look forward to hear from you!

Thanks,
Lars

Hi Lars!

Well, after doing some more testing with different plugins and with empty projects I’m getting this:

Recreating the project from the video, it produces the same result: some of the aufx not bypassing at all (BTW, the last one I showed on the video, FAC phazer, does the same thing if you listen carefully).
The weird thing is that, if I duplicate the project opening the new duplicated one inmediately, it doesn’t do it (i.e. it bypasses correctly).

This has happened before, it’s like some processes get stuck in the project itself:
A couple of days ago I was using TB morphit at the very end of the Master Bus channel, and after removing it it was still processing the signal… then I duplicated the project and this issue disappeared.

It looks like something related to project files maybe.

I’ll send you the dropbox link with the project file.

Best,

Adrián

Hi @INFrames,

Thank you for your message and for sharing the project with us.
Shared all of this with our engineers!

Thanks again,
Lars

Hi Lars!
I have an issue with my DAW Controller / Midi learning:
Connecting and assigning the physical controls (faders, buttons) via midi learning works very well. The faders work perfectly, and so do the knobs for paning, playback controls and the buttons for mute/solo at each channel.
But a few functions behave strangely. If i assign buttons to:

• the global section on the very right side of the mixer section (global mute/solo, read/write)
  • read/write of each channel

the following happens:
the buttons of the app surface react to the assigned button, but they would not keep the change of setting when I stop pushing the physical button. So for example if i want to turn on ‘read’ at one of the channels, the read-sign only stays lit green as long as i push the button and will instantly jump back to read-off.
Is that a problem of the app and will be fixed with an update, or is there something i’m doing / unterstanding wrong?

I’m using iPad OS 14.7.1, Cubasis 3.3.1, Korg nanoKontrol Studio controller.

Thank you very much & greetings
v.

Hi Lars,
Any news about this issue?
I’m sending you a dropbox link with another example of it.
Cheers!
Adrian

Hi @INFrames,

I’ve just read your other report.
If possible, please let us keep up the correspondence in the new topic.

Thanks
Lars