How to reset or reinstall WL

Still having lots of problems with WL since I installed Windows 10. Is there a way to reset WL? Can I reinstall it? Thanks in advance.

You can simply uninstall, then erase the WaveLab program folder, but maybe also the preferences
AppData\Roaming\Steinberg\WaveLab Pro 9.5\

And reinstall.

However, I am not sure a reinstallation can help as an installation does little apart copying files.

Thanks PG, I hope you are having a relaxing weekend. Be safe!

I hope you are having a relaxing weekend.

Not really :laughing: :unamused:

Sorry about that…your suggestion, as always, worked perfectly. Thanks!!! :smiley:

Curious to hear about what issues you are seeing with WL and Windows 10.

It’s been about as rock solid here as far I can remember - from the very first install to now.

Cheers!

VP

Up until recently I had been running a 64 bit version of WL on Windows 7 Pro but with the fast approaching end of life for Windows 7 I wanted to upgrade to Windows 10 Pro 64 bit and I did just that. Plugins that use to run on Windows 7 no longer worked on Windows 10. At the same time something caused WL to no longer remember my “normal” setup and PG told me how to reset my WL to pristine conditions. Everything is working GREAT now and I am enjoying Windows 10. Hope this helps.

Did you install Windows 10 clean or right over top of 7?

If it’s the latter - it never works right.

VP

I did an UPDATE not a fresh install due to production pressures. I would love to have the time to do a fresh install but…can’t shut down the studio for a couple of days to do so. FWIW

Understood. At least you know for next time :slight_smile:

Mind you - there will probable not be a Windows 11 so we should be good for the foreseeable future.

That said - I am finding obscure oddities even with Windows 10 being updated (in place) to a new “feature” version several times - like say v1607->v1709->v1809

I rebuilt a machine here that had this cadence and it ran markedly better after I stripped away the twice “upgrade” OS and and installed a clean version of Win 10 v1809.

Given the limitless computer permutations in the real world - it would be impossible for Microsoft to properly test every app, plugin etc to see what impacts are exposed when taking a machine that originally had Win 10 v1607 on it and then was subjected to several feature upgrades to arrive at v1809 some 2.5 years later.

It does not surprise me in the least that some apps simply cannot survive that many internal changes to continue operating correctly upgrade after upgrade.

VP