How to route different outputs from 1 vst to different midi tracks ?

Hi everyone, I 've got a question. I want to route multiple outputs (from Kontakt/Halion Sonice/etc…) to different midi channels. However, this is not working, Cubase isn’t receiving midi on the tracks. I already watched some Youtube tuts, activated multiple outputs and changed the instruments out channel accordingly. Why is this not working and more important, what’s the solution ? Thanks !

Here’s my current setup:

The Outputs you activated are Audio channels. You can´t send Audio Signals to MIDI tracks. What exactly do you want to do?

Hi,

Do you mean MIDI Sends to send the MIDI data from one track to multiple destinations? MIDI Sends are available for the MIDI tracks only, not for the Instrument tracks.

I’m a beginner, so I don’t really know how to explain my problem, but in this Youtube video you can see what I want to do. Problem is that this doesn’t work with my setup, and I don’t know what’s wrong, because I do everything the same as in the video. You can find the video here:

Hi,

I see, you mean the Audio Return Channels of the Instrument Track. You made it working, I can see the green faders in the MixConsole. If you want to see these in the Project window, open the Automation tracks of the Instrument track.

Hmm, I see there are 2 green sliders, but the other ones have other colors, so I don’t understand what this has to do with the solution. Problem is there is no incoming signal on those channels (like in the video).

Ok i think I got you
-you have what MIDI Keyboard connected to what MIDI Input on what device?
-When selecting the different MIDI tracks, make sure the input monitors are active (orange speaker symbols). Now, when you press a key on the device, do you see the meter move on the channel?

Ok i think I got you
-you have what MIDI Keyboard connected to what MIDI Input on what device?
-When selecting the different MIDI tracks, make sure the input monitors are active (orange speaker symbols). Now, when you press a key on the device, do you see the meter move on the channel?

That’s weird. I tried the steps in the Youtube video again and now it worked from the first time. I have an input signal on the separate tracks and also can record the sound for each channel. I used Halion Sonic SE (like in the movie), I haven’t tried it with Kontakt, but this should work also I guess…

[EDIT] Tried the same steps with Kontakt, not working… :frowning:

Hi,

Just to make it clear, you probably mean input and record (MIDI) data (not input signal and record the sound).

Yes, it’s possible to do the same in NI Kontakt. Make sure, you have the MIDI Channels set up correctly in NI Kontakt, please.