Hello, I was finishing my orchestral template with all the expression maps and endpoint configurations when I met a dead-end: how do you save an endpoint configuration (for use in a Playback Template) that includes information for when Divisi is applied to a String Section Player?
This is the desired result:
- I saved everything in whatever way is necessary
- I load up the Playback Template that includes the Endpoint Configuration for Strings on an empty project.
- I create a new Section Player assigned with Violin. As usual, Dorico loads up the associated plug-in and loads the program with Violin I. I write some notes, everthing 's fine.
- At some point throught the piece, I decide I need a Solo Violin to separate from the Section, so I create a Divisi Change, and set it so it’s Solo and Gli Altri.
- What I would like to happen: Dorico automatically detects that I created a SOLO Divisi from the Violin instrument, and loads up a different plug-in/program associated with SOLO Violin. What happens right now: nothing playback-wise as Dorico uses the same VST/sound for the Solo Violin as for the Gli Altri, so the Solo doesn’t sound Solo at all!
I know I can enable independent voices on Play Mode and manually route the ‘‘Solo’’ voice to another VST, but I wanted to know a way to save an Endpoint Configuration that automatically does this when I create Divisis that include a Solo.
I think that if you create a Solo Player Violin and route it properly, and then save it inside an Endpoint Configuration, Dorico will do this when I create a Solo Player Violin vs. Section Player Violin, as Dorico can differentiate between the two. But would that happen to a temporary Solo passage that originated from a Divisi change inside a Violin Section Player?