How to save "project"

Hi!

Lets say I have loaded 3 songs in the audio file workspace. How do I save it so all the “tabs” (songs) are opened again next time I want to continue in my “project”. When I choose save from the menu, it just wants to save the audio (tab) that is currently active.

Thanks!

File > Save As > Project

Note: there is a small bug in the current version (to be fixed): after “saving as” project A, if you create or open a project “B”, then project “A’” can only be re-opened after you quit and re-launch WaveLab.

This message is about WaveLab Pro, not WaveLab Elements

Hi,

I don’t have the project option in file > save as>

I noticed now that I have wavelab 8,5 not 9, is that the reason that I don’t find it?

When I click “save as” the only option I get is to save the audio file that is currently active in the audio file workspace.
I have wavelab pro.

This is the way my file menu looks:

http://postimg.org/image/u19pa08fx/

and this is how it looks if I click “save as”:

http://postimg.org/image/o5xpg89fb/

This forum is about WaveLab 9, not WaveLab 8.x. Many things have changed.

Sorry! Really thought that I updated to 9 when I installed it. Now I am just going to figure out how I do the upgrade!

Wow, upgraded to 9, and its so different. Now its time to sit down and relearn some stuff! :smiley:

Hm… Is this option not available in WLE9? Now that this has been mentioned, how is a Project saved in WLE9? I seem to only be able to save the individual track/file. :cry:

Don’t misunderstand Project and Audio Montage. There is no project in WaveLab Elements.

Hm. Actually I didn’t know this, PG. :blush: All I have used WLE for is to prep a single recorded song and then burn it to CD - for a Dropbox download or a listen on other audio systems. And of course I can stack the songs in the CD burner.

Q: If I open WLE and create a montage, let’s say of 6 songs, and then close it, when I open WLE again, won’t the montage be there - looking like a project but not really a project that I can save, per se?

Q: In a Project, certainly the Master section is finite, correct? I mean, there is no way to vary the plugins song to song within the Project, correct? And aren’t these songs already edited and ready for a burn?

Q: Is the only benefit of saving a Project the ability to stop work and then return to it at a later time?

Sorry, I am fairly naïve here, PG. Thank you for any response.

If I open WLE and create a montage, let’s say of 6 songs, and then close it, when I open WLE again, won’t the montage be there - looking like a project but not really a project that I can save, per se?

Montage will be there again.

Q: In a Project, certainly the Master section is finite, correct? I mean, there is no way to vary the plugins song to song within the Project, correct? And aren’t these songs already edited and ready for a burn?

You can use plugins in each clip of the Montage.

Q: Is the only benefit of saving a Project the ability to stop work and then return to it at a later time?

You don’t have projects in WaveLab Elements.