How to seamless loop guitar track

If I record an audio track(guitar) and want it to end on a certain point for looping sake, how do I do this? I would like to have it end after the beat I guess. If I’m using a drum track to aid me how do I make the guitar track seamless for looping (for learning purposes)…And if possible how do I, after recording harmonica or keyboards on top of the guitar, how do I make that second track do the same aforementioned thing plus align with the guitar track…I will monitor the guitar track while recording the harmonica track so I’ll be alright there…but I want the tracks to both loop at the end on the same spot or beat or place in a bar…I’m using the precount click so I will be starting together but the end of the track will have a “space” where there’s no sound because I have to reach over and hit the stop button…I need to edit that blank spot out(and I don’t know how) and have it loop from there “on beat” back to the beginning…I’ve checked tutorials on YouTube and asked on another forum but it isn’t a precise answer from them …thanks…I’m using cubasele8…

Search the terms “zero crossing”. That may assist. :wink:

In brief…
Typically I will cut the track to the nearest beat to what I want to loop. This to keep the timing to whatever bpm I have set. Then I paste that section to a new track, duplicating it as many times as necessary. Then, I will drag the start and end points of each duplicated part to the nearest “zero crossing” (do this all at once by highlighting all the duplicated parts). If “zero crossing” is not at the location I want to loop then it gets cut where it needs to be cut and I take some time to line up the audio waves as best possible to blend. Then I apply a “crossfade” to all the sections to eliminate pops etc.

Regards :sunglasses:

Found out how…select loop after setting loop locators, then hit control k, a repeat pane shows up, then select how many “repeats” and then check shared copies option checkbox, that way it just copies or repeats only the first original loop…if I didn’t click and check the shared box it would copy every new copy one after the other and then somehow go out of sync or tempo(I looped two tracks-guitar rhythm and a drum track)…

Good… :wink:

Regards. :sunglasses: