How To Set Up Stereo Mastering Buss

Wow have a read at this Tom
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://steinberg.help/cubase_pro_artist/v9/en/cubase_nuendo/topics/rendering_to_audio/rendering_to_audio_render_tracks_r.html&ved=2ahUKEwid_-Xc2K32AhUWilwKHcMZD34QFnoECBwQBQ&usg=AOvVaw1EMVBE6NQMvAVFmQ5x19JE

I’m definitely going to have to watch quite a few tutorials on rendering , many thanks for your input it’s made me realise this is another area where I dont know sugar, once again many thanks , gus

There is a ton of stuff on the Cubase YouTube channel.

Greg Undo has classes for about three and half hours each, twice a week. Look in the comments section for the topic question he is answering and time stamp.

Here is a list of some that contain the word render

This guy really knows what he’s doing and easy to understand.

Also look for videos from the following channels
Dom Sigalas
Chris Selim - Mixdown Online
Born to Produce
Jef Gibbons
Talking Leaf Media
MusicTech
FinishYourSong — he demonstrates some RenderInPlace items here Freeze vs Render In Place | Cubase - YouTube

There are some others but I can’t recall the names now.

I like the way cubase looks and feels basically. But there is a lot under the hood.

At the risk of being “that guy”, buss means a kiss. The word is “bus”, but sound engineers have misused this term forever, so I will go crawl back under my rock. :slight_smile:

But … is the plural “buses” or “busses”?

:nerd_face: :laughing: :nerd_face:

“The mixer features 8 buses.”
Or
“The singer gave the sound engineer 8 busses after she heard how good the 8 buses sounded.”

1 Like

gus,

Dom has a good over view of Export in this video. It starts at 15:45

Thanks very much Tom I really appreciate the time your taking to help me, I like Dom,I think he is the best at explaining things, watch a guy called one man and his songs ,he is an absolute video tutorial machine, I really dont know where he gets the time ,he its absolutely hilarious, he starts off very well and his knowledge is so in depth that he just seems to disappear into cubase or groove agent and I just loose the plot as to what the hell he’s talking about,but his knowledge probably isnt a million miles behind greg ondo, some of these guys guys are great technicians but not great teachers,I have had a look at rendering and got my head around that,thanks for the tip,gus

I know what you mean. Not everyone can teach. I run YT vids in the background while I work so I might hear a video 3 -4 times and if I hear something interesting I will watch that part. I also use the speed up function for the slow talkers.

You might like this guy… Green Music Productions – he is very straight forward. Lots of content with visual examples as he speaks.

It’s like Greg tells people when they ask him how do you learn Cubase. He always says, just pick one thing you don’t know and learn that. then learn another thing.

If you are into Groove Agent and live performance watch the video from that tutorialism guy. I’m not sure Steinberg even knew what he does could be done. I had to watch it three or four times and I think I know what he’s doing now.

@cparmerlee
It’s spelled buss so as not to lend confusion to the lyrics to one the best songs ever written.

“Waitin’ for the Bus”

A kiss nor a shared audio route is a “bus”

You don’t get your brown paper bag and take home pay until after everything sounds good on the buss.

Tom, I’m the same with YouTube but I just need to slow the speed down,I’m not the sharpest tool on the block lol,I think your right about one man and his songs ,his problem solving skills are off the charts,I’ll defo watch the videos that you have suggested,thanks again,gus