How to solo FX channels?

Peace, I didn’t mean to say that the Control Room listen is worse in any way! I said “There’s also a good and dead-simple workaround (…)”.

The thing about the busses is to let people know that there’s a different behaviour of the standard solo buttons on FX channels depending on whether the dry channel’s output is assigned to master or a group/bus. I think that’s not irrelevant. It also makes a difference, because the regular “solo” key command can still be used if one wants to. :wink:

Anyways, since you seem to have some experience with control room listen, can you maybe help me with a problem i described in this topic?: Metering & gain staging with Control Room Pre-Fader listen - Cubase - Steinberg Forums

I want to solo/listen to a channel pre fader but post inserts, so i can do all my gain staging with a single VU meter on the master, even though the channel fader might already be set to something different then 0 dB. But when i listen to a channel with pre fader in CR engaged, it is actually pre inserts and pre pre-section, so it only allows me to listen to the raw input without any inserts or gain adjustments :frowning: