how to start automation at a certain volume level [Solved]

Hi Folks,

I’m sorry if this has already answered but my search on “automation” produced too many results and was ignored and I couldn’t really think of a way to narrow it down. Here is my problem. I have a harp part that I want to be at 100 on the mixers volume slider from bars 1 - 43 inclusive, at bar 44 I want the slider level at 55. Automation mode set to touch, I pull the fader down to 55, it pops back up to 100. Automation mode set to auto-latch, I pull the fader down to 55, it pops back up to 100. Automation mode set to cross-over, I pull the fader down to 55, it pops back up to 100. I try to hold the mouse at 55 and start playback with the space bar, nothing happens. Can anyone help?

Thanks

Just go to the automation lane and write the automation in directly.

Or pull up the automation panel, and in touch mode select under the fill options “To End” this will write the final level to the end!

As detailed in the manual under Automation!

Thanks very much for taking the time to reply.

Just go to the automation lane and write the automation in directly.

Yes this will work but I have 9 sections in this piece and the volumes change on most instruments at the beginning of each section. It sure would be nice and intuitive to have a way to set the volume sliders in the mixer at the beginning of each section.

Or pull up the automation panel, and in touch mode select under the fill options “To End” this will write the final level to the end! As detailed in the manual under Automation!

I’ve downloaded the latest manuals (January 7, 2009) from the cubase website and I can not, for the life of me, find any information on “to punch, to start, to end or loop” in the section on automation which starts on page 188 and ends on page 203 in my version of the manual. Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

What version of Cubase?

I don’t think C4 has the automation panel.

Hi,

I have Cubase Studio 5, which does have the automation panel.

Thanks

Thanks for getting me on the right track. I never found the documentation but there are some tutorials on youtube that were helpful. For my purposes “loop” and “to end” will do the trick.

Thanks again.

You could download the C5 or C6 documentation where the automation panel is described.